Through the magic of prescheduled blog posts, this post will go live while I am in the midst of a visit to Walt Disney World. Even though I've visited the parks and resorts many times over the years, this particular trip is filled with lots of Disney Firsts
First runDisney race
- The Jingle Jungle 5K! I've been training, and I'm ready to tackle this race!
First Food & Wine Festival
- Visiting during this festival has long been a goal for me- I've got my must-try list in hand, and I'm ready to eat and drink and experience the last days of the festival!
First time staying on the Monorail loop
- Simply a dream come true. I never imagined that I would ever actually be staying at a Monorail resort!
First time staying at the Polynesian
- See above. But also- there's something really special
to me about the Poly. All the Monorail resorts have special features and great things that you won't get elsewhere, but The Poly
- this was the quintessential Disney resort when I was growing up, the dream stay
that I used to imagine when I was a kid.
First time visiting with my mom, as an adult
- As I've written about before
, my mom worked really hard to bring my sister and me to Walt Disney World in 1977. I've been many times since, but never with her! This past Mother's Day, I wrote this post
in which I talked about my hope to visit with her again. That post was the impetus for this trip- a reunion trip of sorts, just the three of us once again. I can hardly believe we made it happen!
First time using Magic Bands and FASTPASS+
- I've kept largely silent on these big changes, because I really want to give the system a chance, and I'm trying embrace the new reality! I want to see them in action before I weigh in. I hope I have some good things to report when I return.
First Artist Point, First Kona, First California Grill since the refurb
- I'll be eating well on this trip, for sure!
Lots of Disney Firsts for me! I'll be back in a few days, with plenty to share...
And the significance of the photo above? It was the inspiration for my first runDisney costume!